Monday, March 30, 2009

Order in the Court!!

Typical Monday is getting up and going to teach second graders. Today was a different day. I had to report to the courts at 8:15 am instead. I was summoned a couple weeks back for Jury Duty.

You get there and you check in. You watch a video about how great it is to serve and how to do it, etc., etc. I found out there were a couple things going on in the courts today and I was actually excited about MAYBE being called to go to the courtroom and serve on jury. Maybe it would like Law and Order...who knows!!

There is an awful lot of waiting that goes on. So around 9:45 or so a court employee comes in the room and reads off approx. 30 names to go upstairs and possibly be on a jury. Guess what? I WASN'T called. I was a bit disappointed because I thought what a great experience. Apparently there is another deliberation going on and just maybe the rest of us in the room may get to go to the next case.

More waiting... and waiting....and waiting. At least I brought New Moon with me and read and read and read for 3 hours today.

Around 11:30 am we were dismissed for the day. They settled the case no jurors needed. I need to call each day this week and my civic duty will be done. Until another time I guess. I do hope something is going on, but the court employee said looks like there will be nothing else for the week. But you must call in, you never know.

It would of been a great rest of the day, but the kids had a half day of school. I don't mind, but it would of been cool to have the afternoon to myself.

Back to School tomorrow or Maybe not...I'll make the call and find out if my number came up.

3 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

I hate jury duty...yucky!

Dr. Wifey said...

oh, i would want to serve on a murder case! (i love Law & Order, Forensic Files, etc.) guilty! LOL

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I was picked once but it was for a DUI case. He was so drunk and they had video so he finaly just plead guilty and we went home.