Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Day Has Arrived


If some of you read my blog this week, it was birthday week. I went out on St. Patty's Day, did some shopping, went out to dinner, and spent time with family and friends. It was a nice way to say good-bye to 40 and hello to 41. It's not all that different, except now I am in my forties, not approaching or at forty, in my forties. As my husband pointed out I am in the best shape ever and I take care of myself.





Alyssa made the cake, made frosting, and used sprinkles for the Happy Birthday.


In fact I ran 5 miles this morning with my husband. Next Sunday, we are doing the Shamrock Shuffle in Chicago. It is an 8K. I am awfully excited to do that race. I have goals this year, just like last, but now I need to improve on times and push myself harder and compete just a little more.








Thanks to my wonderful family for making me a cake, Alyssa playing Happy Birthday on the flute, and letting me pick my lunch date today. The weather was a sunny day! Cheers to another great year!
Brandon will be 10 this week. He is so excited to celebrate his day too!

Emma sitting on the counter....we always have to tell her to get off all the time. She must still feel like the shorty in the family.


Hubby and I out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. It was real good and so was he for not telling the wait staff it was my birthday...they have a saddle you sit on while everyone hoots and hollers..so thanks hubby for not embarrassing me last night.




7 comments:

K Storm said...

If you were my Facebook friend I would have already sung to you...so here goes fellow 41 bloggy friend!
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Tammy
Happy Birthday TO YOU!!!

And many more....

You look fabulous!!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Happy Birthday Tammy :)

Glad you had a great birthday week!

Dr. Wifey said...

glad you had a great birthday!!!

Wacie's Way said...

It sounds like your family treated you extra special on your birthday - as you deserve!!

morewineplease said...

Happy birthday pretty lady! I must say... 41 looks amazingly beautiful! you are rock'n those numbers!

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday indeed...and well done on the running!

Yellow Beads said...

you look super fabulous...and your running is an inspiration to me Tammy!!