Monday, March 16, 2009

Signs of Spring

How can I tell Spring has arrived in Wisconsin.
  • The snow has melted, but a few "black" piles remain in the ditches and parking lots.
  • The robins have come back.
  • I can hang laundry outside to dry. ( I did this weekend)
  • It is light out past 7:00.
  • I can wear short sleeves, no socks, and bermudas to bed.
  • I see people in flip-flops and shorts. ( Now for me it has to be a lot warmer than 55 degrees to make me do that, but around here 55 is like 80 after months of below freezing temps)
  • Buds are forming on trees.
  • Easter is around the corner.
  • I can pull out my Spring wardrobe and feel refreshed and new.
  • I need a tan like no other. My legs are ashy....thank goodness for self tanners.
  • Last but not least......IT IS BIRTHDAY WEEK!!

Happy Spring! I know that in Wisconsin there will be some snow again and some yucky weather, but I know that it won't last and it is that much closer to summer. I counted...55 days left of school!!! WOO HOO!

9 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I thought I was the only one who celebrated my birthday all week! Happy Birthday and happy spring to you!

morewineplease said...

YAY for b-day week! And bring out the self tanners, I am right there and very white with ya!

K Storm said...

It is my Bday week too. That was always the signal for spring to begin in my world.

Have a great one!!

Dr. Wifey said...

Happy Birthday! lawd have mercy on my ultra-white self. i need to do the self-tanner thing myself but i am afraid the ashy skin might make it splotchy LOL

Wacie's Way said...

I was just thinking I needed to pull out my spring/summer clothes - it's like getting a whole new wardrobe!! Love the Jergens self-tan lotion . . must get a new bottle!!!
And I hope you have a WONDERFUL birthday and birthday week!!!!

Adlibby said...

Break out the self-tanner, it's supposed to be in the 80's in Kansas City tomorrow! Woo hoo! Of course, it's supposed to be in the 40's the day after -- go figure!

Love your cheerfulness! Happy Birthday Week! =)

Cynthia said...

Birthday week...Yay!!!

Suzy said...

Congrats on birthday week!

I saw my first robin on Monday too~~Hee! Hee! We're neighbors (I'm from Minnesota Ya you betcha!~~~eeeks! Not THAT was just too corny! Sorrrrrry 'bout that!)

Mary Q Contrarie said...

I air dry my laundry on drying racks year round. But like you we have had enough nice days that I have been able to start drying out on the patio! Now if the spring showers would just give us a little break.