Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cheers to Green Beer

Wouldn't of imagined that I would of went out on St. Patty's Day, but I did. If it falls on a weekend, I like to go out and tip a few back, but on a school night? I would of never thought. It was PACKED!! Our town opened up a new Irish Pub right on Lake Michigan and it was so crowded I thought it was a Friday night. It was wall to wall people drinking, eating corned beef, wearing green, collecting as many green necklaces as you could get. It was just me and hubby. We ran into someone we knew and hung out with him. We left that pub because I was getting knocked around from being so crowded. We headed over to a different place, it wasn't crowded at first, but then ....



Some guy walked in and it was a blast from the past. Someone I went to grade school with and his brother. No big deal, except I taught his brother when he was 6 years old. He is now 23! I felt so old!! He was telling me things about what he remembered from being in my classroom as a first grader. It was from my first teaching job at a Catholic school. I now work in the public schools and have been at this school for 14 1/2 years. Yikes that sounds old! :0



Great night...was home by ten...asleep by 10:30. It is birthday week...I am allowed to do things that I normally wouldn't do.

8 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I love nights like that when you really don't expect much but it turns out great!

Dr. Wifey said...

the irish pub sounds fun, even if it was crowded.

what makes me feel old is the fact that my lil bro started 1st grade the my freshman year of college and he graduated high school the same year i finished my PhD! i think i was in school for waaaaaayyyyy too long! LOL

Suzy said...

I loved your post because only us 40+ years olds can say "we had a great night. We were home by 10 o'clock!"

Love it!

K Storm said...

Glad you got out...

Kat said...

Well it sounds like fun to me! The weather was so gorgeous it made me want to go out and have some fun too! No green beer for me though. ;)

Wacie's Way said...

Good for you getting out and having a good time! I remember when I use to go out and drink lots of green beer . . . ah, those were the days!

Cynthia said...

Yay for fun!

Yellow Beads said...

We're Catholic...and our priests always says if you "give up beer" for Lent, you can have a "free pass" on March 17th!! hehe.