Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Trips and Trek

Summer in Wisconsin is so crazy. Last week we were living in the air conditioning and sweating like crazy outside. with heat indexes in the upper 90s and low 100s. Today I have the house closed up and the air off because it is only in the 60s...what's up with the weather??

Thursday we are leaving on a family camping trip to Northern Wisconsin ( like 6 hours north of where I live). I am trying to pack for the trip and I look like I am going for weeks and we are going for 4 days!! I checked the weather and 70s during the day and low 50s even upper 40s at night. I am packing for 2 seasons. It's crazy! Does anyone else overpack? I even pack extra outfits just in case.

Less than 2 weeks to the Trek Women's Triathlon...I am so excited and have been driving my hubby crazy with my nutty training schedule. I am sure he will love it when I get done with that. However, I've been putting in longer runs for the Chicago Half Marathon in Sept. When I ran this morning, I can only hope it is in the 60s with no sun. I had a great 5.2 mile run today. This weekend will be 6 miles and every week increasingly more. I am so ready to ROCK it!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Way to go on the training...I love running in the 60's. What is up with this summer?

Wacie's Way said...

We've had cooler than normal weather too . . . in the 80s and the humidity hasn't been too bad. Love it!

Susan said...

Run girl, run!