Sunday, June 28, 2009

Time to Shine

After this weekend I decided to start a wall of shame if you will.

I ran a 5K race on Saturday. It was an awesome race. I had a PR of 26:30 and came in second place in my age group. WooHoo! I would always tell my track kids that I ran with this school year, that a good race is if you finish strong and puke. ( I was joking about the puke thing, but guess what...I puked). I am a puker when I push hard. Hubby ran the race too. He did great. He did a PR of 23 minutes something seconds. However, he placed 6th in his age group. It's a tough group. You have to run like 19 minutes to place in a Men's age group.

So I thought, instead of just putting my number in a box with the medal, I would now be hanging these things up for everyone to see. I will choose a wall in my garage. I hope it keeps on growing. Hubby can hang his numbers up too. It will be so cool. I'll have to take some pics when it is up and running if you will.

In 2 weeks I will be doing another sprint tri. I am excited for it. I even did a mock tri today to practice. I am usually not afraid of open water swimming until today when we got to the lake and OMG there were like 50 or more HUGE carp swimming along the beach front in inches of water. We were told they were spawning. It was so gross. It took a lot of convincing from my BF to get in the water. I dove in and just closed my eyes. I pretty much freaked out. It was an okay swim, but I know it could of been better.

The bike ride was a real challenge today. I think the winds were gusting between 30 or more mph. I got off the bike and ran. It was a tough work out because of how hard I pushed myself yesterday.

Time to rest this evening. Tomorrow begins a new week of training before our big 4th of July weekend plans. There will be lots of fishing, camping, hiking, canoeing, and maybe even a black or brown bear. I am hoping to see it so I can take a photo.

7 comments:

Tricia said...

I too will keep a wall of accomplishments in the garage. Even though Tom said that was his area I said well either here or the dining room :]

Anonymous said...

I would be scared of the carp, too!

Dr. Wifey said...

it should be a wall of FAME not shame! great job, keep up the great work :)

Susan said...

We have a wall in our garage for bike & run race numbers. It is amazing to see how quickly it fills up from ceiling to floor. You will amaze yourself!

Keep up the good work. A big shout-out for your awesome time!!

justme said...

that is awesome !!! i too if i push hard will puke, hence why i never seem to push hard enough.

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Great job!!!

Wacie's Way said...

What a great idea - the wall of accomplishments!! Every time I read your blog, I think to myself, you really need to get exercising!!