Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summing it Up

What a great day we had at the local zoo. E and A...sisterly love. E's front tooth is FINALLY coming in after being toothless since last Sept.

E and the bird eating off of her stick.


A and the bird.




B and the bird.

We went to a local zoo on Wednesday and had a great time. The kids loved the feeding frenzy of the bird cage.
Just got back from a great time in Northern Wisconsin. We fished, swam ( just a little because it was NOT optimum swimming weather), drank, shot off fireworks, canoed, and played outdoor games.
Just one sidenote...Alyssa (oldest daughter) and I make HORRIBLE canoe partners. I thought I was going to throw her overboard. At one point that cute girl with the black visor in the pictures above got out of the canoe and said I HAD ENOUGH OF THIS and started walk upstream of the river. What a nut job! This was our second attempt at being canoe partners, last year it was just as bad if not worse, so I guess the next time we try to be canoe partners...it has to be a CHARM!
It is my race weekend ahead. I am competing in the Trek Women's Sprint Triathlon Series. I finished my last training session this morning. I did a mini brick. I think the only thing I will do is swim in the lake tomorrow and then rest up!! I am excited...my goal is to beat my time from last year. Hubby will take pictures and the kids will cheer me on. That is the best when you come into the finish line.

6 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

your kids are so cute! sounds like you had a fantastic time camping and canoeing

Wacie's Way said...

I love toothless grins!! Good luck with your race! Can't wait to see finish line photos!

Anonymous said...

Your oldest daughter looks exactly like you!

Canoeing sounds fun, I haven't done that in years.

Kat said...

We just came back from up north too. We needed some relaxation. :)

Good luck on your race! I know you'll do great!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

We just got back from up there and we had an awesome time and loved the weather!

Poolside with the Girls said...

I love the first picture. Toothless grin with peace sign earrings. Your kids are beautiful!