Tuesday, June 23, 2009

This is How Sunday Went

Just got back from a great weekend of fun with friends and family. This event had no kids. It was our first and hopefully annual adult only camping weekend. We went to a beautiful State Park right on the Mississippi River in Trempealeau, WI. This was how we spent our Father's Day.

We hiked up this bluff (to me it felt like a mountain.. I am not a height person, I get a bit freaked out). BTW, my a$$ is still hurting from the work out I got hiking up this thing! And I was sweating like crazy...the weather was HUMID!!
Hubby and me...we reached the top where this little shelter thing was. Very cool!
Hubby fishing. He loves doing this.


Me, my friend Heidi, and my sister Tricia.

It was a bit foggy that morning we hiked, but it was so beautiful.




Randy, my BIL Tom, and Hubby.
This is the low key day. I will post the crazy day, when thank goodness my children did NOT see like the wild 20 something I thought I was.



6 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Sounds like a ton of fun....

We will be in Madison/Broadhead for the 4th of July!!!

I Can't Wait :)

Anonymous said...

I'm freaked out by heights, too. Sounds like it was a good time, I can't wait to hear more. Did you carve your names in the shelter thing at the top?

Wacie's Way said...

Can't wait to see pics of the crazy times!!

Yellow Beads said...

Glad you had such a great time!

Kat said...

That sounds like a blast! Glad you had such a good time. :)

Cynthia said...

Fun!