Monday, February 16, 2009

Life is so Crazy!

I can't seem to keep up! I wanted to post pictures of my little E on her birthday. I have the pictures in my camera, but I haven't downloaded them. I even took pictures of A at her Band O'Rama concert last weekend. I haven't uploaded those either. Where does the time go? Why can't I get it together?

I feel like I am drowning in chores, work, and STUFF. I use to be so organized. What happened to me? With every season I use to change decorations accordingly. That doesn't happen as much anymore. I do it, but it seems rushed and last minute.

My husband seems to have an idea, but I'm not sure if I can agree all the way. He tells me my priorities have changed. Have they?

* I know I exercise at least 5 times a week and that takes up at least 60-75 minutes of my time each time I do.
* I work full time...I am gone about 9 hours.
* I like to sleep at least 8 hours.
* I love Facebook. blogging, and TV time.
* I spend time with my kids.
* Cleaning, laundry, picking up, and it keeps repeating over and over. (hubby helps...he is awesome)
* I pay the bills and keep the bank account up to date.

Which reminds me I hung up this really cool picture frame and it has been up on the wall since December and the photos that are in it are the ones that are from the company to show how cute pictures can be. I get teased about it all the time. Who are those people? Blah blah...

And....I still haven't put my children's school pictures in the frames to replace last years pictures. I haven't even handed them out to Grandparents....Seriously what is wrong with me????

My goals:
  • Download pictures and post them.
  • Change photos and order updated pictures of my family.
  • Plan my son's 10th birthday party soon. It is in one month.
  • Keep up with my grading at school. It gets overwhelming at times. We can't have anyone help us due to confidentiality.

Wish me luck...I will need it.

8 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

you should just stop exercising and sleeping :) j/k of course! i always download/edit my pics and play around on facebook while i watch tv. spread your frames and pictures out on the floor in front of the tv. just some suggestions

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I know how you feel....my life is always crazy! But I love it :)

Tricia said...

I also am starting to feel a bit overwhelmed with my growing to do list...keeping up with everyday activites is challenging, trying to do something extra seems impossible! I keep making my to do lists, just getting it on paper is therapeutic for me!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

You know I feel the same way. I don't know what is going on with the time management classes I took in College, but they're sure not working like they use too. I mean I feel like I can't catch up, and I use to be on top of everything. Now it's what can I accomplish first. Wow is it just the time of the year????...

Unknown said...

I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog and think you are doing an awesome job. Once the kids get to the ages that yours are, life just gets more hectic. There are only so many hours in the day and that's just reality. The pictures will still be there next week and the grandparents will still appreciate them next month. Spending time with your kids and husband and taking care of yourself after a nine hour day of work has to come first. Seasonal changes in décor were awesome when the kids were little but hey, if the wreath on the door matches the season now then life is good!
I’ll just let you in on a little secret too. I swear organizing my life hit absolute rock bottom around 42. I just could not keep it all together. Everything I had done in the past seemed to not work anymore. That’s why we have blogs and facebook. I can always remember what I’m supposed to do when I turn on the computer, ha!

Suzy said...

I feel your pain! I feel overwhelmed at times. It's a tricky thing because I like things to be "just a certain way" and it is taking me awhile to be able to just deal with the chaos as it comes and so what if the clothes are all not folded and put away. But it still gnaws at me because I used to have "everything" so together but that was before I had kids. As far a priorities?? I'm totally with you on the exercise thing. Some people feel it's alot of time to be spending doing "that" BUT in the long run, the payoff is immeasurable to our sanity as well as our health! I'd be a serious mental case if I didn't do the gym-thing!
What's my biggest fear? Me getting sick even just for a few days even! I doubt I would EVER be able to catch-up! Ackkk!
BTW, I love your blog!

C'est la Vie said...

I landed on your blog and I"m right there with ya!!! I still have Christmas ornaments hanging from the light fixture and Valentines Decorations up at the same time!!

Betsy Mae said...

life is crazy...it sucks. i am feeling like i've been overextending myself and not focusing on what's important to me, to my family. oh and the pics...this is terrible but it's been years since i've updated any of our photos on the walls. the ones i have up are mostly mouse and bug as babies...i don't think i have one photo of bug where she is older than a year old and she's about to turn four. terrible.