Thursday, February 26, 2009

Field Trip Day

Every year the second grade classes head up to Milwaukee for the Shrine Circus. I can't believe this is my twelfth year going to the Circus. This is a trip the kids look forward to every year. I think it is okay, but there are some things that bug me.

The tiger tamer guy...he was this '80s throw back with long fried out blonde hair, he had leather pants on and no shirt. He kept bounding his chest like he was Tarzan or something. Or he would bang on the cages...like hey look at me. Not sure if you can see him. I need to get a bigger lens for my camera. ( That is coming for my birthday....hopefully....so family members who read this...hint....hint)



At this point of the tiger act when it was walking on a tight rope kind of made me nervous. I was thinking this wild beast could jump right off that rope and ooohhh don't want to go there.
We love the elephants...they are such big animals, but they are very graceful. This is the grand finale...a man gets shot out of a canon. Crazy stuff. That is what the kids look forward too every year.

Overall, it isn't that bad. For many kids, it is the first experience with a Circus, but for me I get to wonder again about this '80s guy, or the girls who wear thongs for I believe the male entertainment in the crowd. ( I did overhear one of the 8 year old boys say " She's Hot!")

Until next year.....

***In my post yesterday I said how I am giving up my "Thirsty Thursday" ritual for the Lenten season....Why did I do that? It is Thursday and I so bad want to have my Hook and Ladder Light. I even said to hubby...would God strike me down for cheating?










4 comments:

K Storm said...

What fun!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Gosh...when I was younger we lived in Madison and we went every year with school or my parents...I have some great memories!!

Thank you for reminding me :)

Dr. Wifey said...

i have not been to a circus in ages! probably will not be going anytime soon either :)

Kat said...

My boys brought home their circus brochure and I just had to tell them it was a no go. They'll have to go with their daddy sometime. I just can't take it. I went to the circus once when I was in Brownies and I hated it. I thought the animals weren't treated very nice, and the elephants kept pooping right in front of me. I was actually bored. Not to mention all the freaking CLOWNS. I hate clowns.

I told the boys that we'll go to the Milwaukee zoo instead. ;)