Friday, February 20, 2009

Is This Age Appropriate??

It's happening to me....a crisis if you will. I am thinking that the reasons I am wanting to do some of these things is because my 1 year anniversary of turning the big 4-0 is quickly approaching.

While in a conference on Wednesday full of educators the instructor asks for a show of hands who are the veteran teachers? I am thinking do I raise my hand? Am I a veteran? I have been teaching for almost 15 years...what do I do? Do I look as old as some of those people that are raising their hand? I opt not to raise my hand and think to myself...I am at a table with 4 other people from my school and they are all WAY younger than me. None of them are even 30 yet. I decided that hey I got to have some fun with myself.

Today I am getting my hair done....DIFFERENT!! I say that all the time, but I swear I need a change. I want to put a pink strip in my hair, but I will wait for the summer. I think it will be fun for the triathlons and other races I will be doing.

I am getting my eyebrows waxed. I would love to stop and go tanning....maybe that would get rid of my zits that keep popping up.

I am going to get another tattoo...something small and cute. I was even thinking about some sort of piercing.....

I know that I am getting older. I will never be one of those women who will not age gracefully, but seriously it freaks me out.

A friend from high school posted on Facebook that she is going to be a Grandma....OMG I am so not ready to be called Grandma. I love being just Mom for now. I can wait 20 years to be Grandma.

7 comments:

Betsy Mae said...

meh...don't even think about it!!! you are very young at heart and you look fab. forty is sexy and totally 'in' so go with it and enjoy. what a stupid question, veteran teacher? good you didn't raise your hand, being a veteran teacher sounds like someone who is outdated....and i'm guessing you were at a table with a bunch of 30 year olds for a reason, cause you are a young hot mama!

Betsy Mae said...

oh and the pink...do it! do it before summer too. pink fades so quickly and you should enjoy it now into the summer! the kids will love it. i also love the really purple/violet colour, gorgeous.

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Cool, I am the same way...I want to be cool and hip and sure don't want ot be called grandma anytime soon!

Unknown said...

I love it! Go for the pink and the tattoo but you must post pictures!

Yellow Beads said...

Remember, 30 is the new 40!! :))

Wacie's Way said...

I'm with you on the can't believe I'm 41!! Honestly, sometimes I forget that I am that old, until my 12 year old daughter reminds me :-)

morewineplease said...

you go girl! I say do whatever you want, you look awesome... 10 years younger than your age!