Monday, August 31, 2009

Party Ideas for A Soon to Be Teenager???

There will be a teenager in my house very soon. My oldest daughter will be 13 in 5 weeks! We are planning on having a party for her and we are allowing her to have a boy/girl party.

The only concerns I have are what should I have planned for this? I know I will have food and music. Do I need to have other things planned for teenagers to do? I was thinking of having a bon-fire outside. We also have Guitar Hero, an electronic dart board, and a nice fooz ball table.

Any one out there have experience with this? I am trying to think back to my first boy/girl party and the only thing that comes to mind is Spin the Bottle!

10 comments:

BioniKat said...

Sounds like you got a lot planned already! Ask your daughter for some more ideas. Chances are they also have some teen games they like to play. So long as its not strip poker! Kidding! You can see I'm the mom of big teens. Otherwise just go with the flow. You're doing fine.

Anonymous said...

Lol, spin the bottle! Well, she IS going to be 13, so batten down
the hatches!

A bon fire/hot dog roast would be fun. I don't know how big your yard is, or if you are in town or in the country, but games of "man hunt" or scavenger hunts are fun, too.

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I have to do this next year and am so not looking forward to it!

I bet what ever you come up with will be cool.

Have fun and try not to stress about it too much :)

Dr. Wifey said...

that is too funny, i was thinking to tell you to plan "spin the bottle"! LOL the bon fire sounds really fun :)

Wacie's Way said...

When I was planning my daughter's 13th birthday, a friend of mine suggested a scanvenger hunt. We ended up not doing it, but it sounded like fun!!

GOOD LUCK!!

Cynthia said...

Those all sound good. I grew up on a farm, so my 13th included a hay rack ride:)

Poolside with the Girls said...

Sounds like you've nailed it. I they will love what you have in mind. I can't imagine that they wouldn't. It's tough keeping up with them isn't it? Good luck!

Susan said...

Lots of food for the boys and a scavenger hunt.

Boys love fire, you know, so give them things they can put in it like hotdogs & marshmallows.

Sounds like it is going to be a great party! Girls are so fun!!!

K Storm said...

This is so out of my league...have fun!

Betsy Mae said...

You sound like you have it totally planned already, how fun!