Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Crazy First Impression

Last night was our Back to School night. I get to meet the kids I will have in my class and the parents as well. It is a great night! However, I probally looked like a real shlub because for the first hour I had to hold a tissue on my lip because it was bleeding like crazy. The blood would not stop for anything.

Fifteen minutes before I freshened up my make-up, made sure my dress looked fine, brushed my hair and noticed that I had this white thing on my lip. I popped it...yes I did. And all hell broke loose on my mouth.

I felt like a complete idiot. " Hi Mr. and Mrs. "blank" I am your child's new teacher. I should probally have you put on a mask and oh, here is a bottle of hand sanitizer because I am bleeding all over the place.

It took an hour...I swear. At least half of the students and their families think I am normal and the other half, well, I hope they come to school soon and realize I am not a complete goof ball.

Oh and I put out a bowl of lifesaver mints...that was a hit with the families.

7 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I have done the same thing before...don't feel bad. They will all love you :)

Dr. Wifey said...

did you wear your amazing new shoes??

Wacie's Way said...

That sounds like something I would have done!! Hope you have a great school year!

K Storm said...

Awkward moments like that can be stressful, can't they? I'm sure you won them over though and they can't wait to be in your class!

Peggy said...

I bet they'll have forgotten that moment long before the school year ends. I'm sure you'll have many more memories to replace it with!

Cynthia said...

I HATE when that happens! Poor you:(

Poolside with the Girls said...

That reminds me of the year a mom hijacked the open house at my daughter's school. She went off the wall about homework and all her other complaints. It was shocking. We are still all talking about her. She was sitting right next to me and I kept sliding my chair further and further away from her. I wish I had thought to bring life savers. It would have been a good way to throw her off topic by offering them to the crowd. However, your incident is minor in comparison and I'm sure it was more obvious to you than to anyone else. We've all been there! I don't think they will be talking about you for years to come like we did. Well maybe...but only about what a great idea the lifesavers were!