Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday's Madness

I remember when my oldest daughter was starting school for the first time. I would get excited for her to pick out her supplies, shoes, and outfits. I use to dive right into her folders and read EVERYTHING!! Needless to say things have changed ALOT!

I received her packet from school a couple weeks ago...hardly looked at it. ( Bad Mom)

Took the kids Back to School shopping and I couldn't wait to be done with buying all of these supplies. Took the girls to get some new outfits....let me just say I am a sucker when it comes to cute clothes for girls. My son...well, he doesn't care what he gets. He hates shopping.

We are on our last few weeks of vacation and I want to get so much done. I can't believe I start work in 3 weeks. It has hardly felt like summer around here. It has been very cool. We have our nice days, but we really haven't had any summer heat. I probally used my air a handful of times. I think today maybe one of those times.


*** The Half Marathon in Chicago is in 40 days! I am getting excited and nervous all at the same time. I never thought I would be able to run that much. But after all of this training, I know that I will be able to run 13.1 miles. It won't be easy, but I will do it.
Yesterday I ran 9.5 miles and today I hurt a little. Next weekend will be a goal of 10 + miles. I have some smaller runs scheduled during the week. Hubby is now doing the half too. He is doing so awesome. ***

My running pace for that distance is about 9:30-9:40pace. So when I do another 5K race at the end of Sept., I should be able to kick some serious a$$!! I believe I could do an 8-81/2 minute mile pace.

This post if full of random thoughts...sorry about that. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, I LOVE buying school supplies! I guess it's just the nerd in me ;-) However, the other day we took Kyle to get his and I made the mistake of taking my husband who totally ruined the experience by rushing through it. Next year, I will go alone :-)

We've had a cooler than normal summer, too. Must be that el nino. Hopefully it'll stay cool for your half marathon.

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Wow I wish I could sned you some heat. My electric bill is crazy this year.

Poolside with the Girls said...

It hasn't been that warm here either. We've had a lot of rain. Flooding even!

Congrats on the running..I'm so jealous!

Susan said...

Excellent job on your training!