Monday, April 6, 2009

A New Job, Just Temporary

My headache has gone away....it was a wasted Sunday for sure. Felt tired and yuck the whole day.

On a different note...I am playing nurse for the next couple days. Hubby had surgery this morning. Nothing serious, but there is an ongoing joke that it must be contagious or something. I had hernia surgery last summer and hubby did a TERRIFIC job taking care of me. It is now my turn to take care of him. He had 3 hernias repaired today. He is doing wonderful, I am waiting on him. I really enjoy doing that because he is such a great man and has done so much for me.

He even let me leave the house tonight so I could work out. The kids took over and played the nurse while I was gone. I can't stress enough how GREAT he is. I know he will have a speedy recovery. While he is recovering I took a couple days off work and while the kids are at school, I can get ready for Easter and the bunny and not feel like I am rushing to get everything done.

Our Spring Break starts Friday....I hope the weather will cooperate and maybe reach 60 a couple of the days...but around here that is asking a lot!

3 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

hope he recoups soon! spring break - wish i got one. maybe the weather will be wonderful for you and the kids :)

Anonymous said...

My hubby had hernia surgery back in October. I hope yours is a better patient than mine was! But since you've been there, you will surely be a more sympathetic nurse than I was! :-) Best wishes!

K Storm said...

Hope he bounces back quickly. My hubby had that a while back. Good that you enjoy taking care of each other.