Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Cougar Has it Going On

Curiosity caused me to watch this show on TV Land last night called "The Cougar." Did anyone else watch this show?

It is a 40-year woman who is seeking love...kind of like the Bachelorette type of thing, however her suitors are men between the ages of 21-29. Call me crazy, but I can't imagine a "boy" who just turned of legal drinking age kissing someone who could be their mother. There were many references to the fact that men have done it for centuries, it is okay for women to do the same. (fall for someone younger).

It felt awkward watching her ask this 21 year old for a kiss. The guys seemed like they thought her experience could help them out. How? In life, the bedroom, buying a home or a car? Seriously people...not my thing at all.

Don't get me wrong, I think she was very attractive and I can see how she could pass for someone who is much younger than she is, but she has 4 kids and I believe at least 2 of them are in their young 20s. I will probably continue to watch this madness because hell...why not?

She had to eliminate some of the men last night. It is not like on the Bachelor where you accept a rose and give a peck on the cheek or a hug. She calls each man up to her and she says "Name please give me a kiss." If she kisses them on the lips, they can remain in the game or show, if she turns her cheek they are eliminated. So in a matter of just a few minutes she kissed 15 men on the lips.

If you watched, what did you think? Are you going to continue watching just out of plain curiosity like me? Or it is a waste on your DVR space.

5 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I have not even heard of it...what channel is it on?

Tammy said...

It is on the network TV Land...

Anonymous said...

Lol, I don't usually get into reality shows, but this sounds funny. Maybe I will check this out. Age difference doesn't bother me with true feelings, but on these shows I see it as really "reaching" to find "love" so I doubt it could possibly work, but... who knows?

K Storm said...

I saw the ad, but didn't watch. Why is this on TV Land? I thought TV land was reruns of the good ole days

Betsy Mae said...

I haven't heard about it. I would watch it if I was looking for a new show just out of curiosity but I'd be more interested if the men were similar in age to her.