Wednesday, October 28, 2009
With this curve ball comes uncertainty, change in lifestyle and what you are used too. It can have other changes like moving from family and friends.
You have to go where this new game starts. It may be close to home or not.
Yesterday, my hubby lost his job. It was a horrible day. I felt like I was kicked in the gut.
Today, I am okay. I have a better outlook. I am ready to go through this journey with him by supporting things that may come to him. If this takes us to a new place, so be it and it will be okay.
I don't mind change, change can be good, maybe this was a sign from up above. I am ready and will stay strong for him and our kids.
So I guess this means no more shoe shopping for a while! :)
Monday, October 26, 2009
After having 3 children and having very, very quick deliveries with all 3, my inner self was a little messed up. Not my mind, my bladder. Those easy deliveries left me crossing my legs when I sneezed or coughed. Running was a joke because I would literally pee on myself. I couldn't do jumping jacks or any type of jumping because I would be in the bathroom all the time. So I decided to have surgery to correct this problem. I had a TVT done. (trans-vaginal taping) Best thing ever...I could run, jump, cough, sneeze, etc and no issues! I was so happy.
Now...three years later, I am noticing some things that I felt before. I have to cross my legs when I sneeze. When I am running down hills, I feel like I am going to leak everywhere. I am feeling that pressure to go all the time...it sucks!!
I am hoping my doctor says, Oh yes it comes with a warranty and I'll just correct this for free. That is what I am wishing and hoping, but in reality I know that WILL not be the case and I will be forever paying medical bills.
I won't give up my passion, that is completely out of the question. I love running and I really can't give up the occasional sneeze so I guess I will find out when I go to the doctor sometime this month and see what he says.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
- My teenage daughter knows more about make-up brands than I do. What ever happened to 13 year olds buying Wet and Wild or Cover Girl. Not her, she likes to go to Sephora and buy make-up from there. Way to go Aunt Laurie!
- Have we gone overboard with H1N1? I now have a 1/2 gallon jug of hand sanitzer on my desk and every day we wipe down. Maybe I should have my children strip down in the garage when they get home and put fresh clothes on. BECAUSE I love love love doing laundry. (sarcasm there) Maybe I will wear a mask and gloves to school tomorrow.
- What happened to Fall this year? After today, there will be no leaves left on these trees. It is so windy and rainy out, I won't be able to get some good photos of the kids. And I've worn my winter coat already....what's up with that? I guess we didn't have a summer...so Fall is out....maybe winter will be fall and we can skip right to summer!
- I wish my kids liked to go to haunted houses or do haunted hayrides. That idea is out of the question in this house.
- Learning to love parking garages for exercise. One of my classes I take (new fitness place) is we go to this parking garage and run up and down and down and up and up and down, etc for like 30 minutes! That is the best workout ever. We also then do the stairs too! Thank goodness this parking garage is not busy and seriously there is only a handful of cars in this almost ghost like structure.
- Glad it's Thursday because I am mighty "Thirsty!" Thursday shows are great and I am so looking forward to either a glass of wine or a Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
This is my dilemma......I have been going to the same work out class for about 4 years. The instructor I have is amazing. She is powerful, motivating, and knowledgeable in exercise. I've met a lot of great friends by going to this class, they really have become like a family. We talk, sweat, and motivate each other.
The dilemma is this...my instructor has left the Y and has opened her own gym. I HAD to join this gym because HELL I can't walk away from this. It's like having your own personal Jillian in your face. I LOVE IT! Hubby thinks I am nuts because we DON'T NEED another membership to pay for. I've tried to explain my reasoning for wanting to do this. When I found out she was leaving the Y to open her own place, I was very stressed about it. The opening special was 99.00 for 3 months of unlimited classes. So I did it. It really isn't a gym, more like a dance hall with equipment and room to do step classes, Zumba, aerobics, yoga, etc.
This is how I am going to justify it.
- Limit my shopping obsession and only buy needs, not wants. For example I LOVE SHOES! I am even going to return a beautiful pair of heels because of this. Not the hot red ones that I already wore, but a whole different pair. They are really cute too. Damn
- Plan dinner at least 5 out of the 7 days a week. ( Hubby does this...because I usually leave during dinner to go to class)
- I am really not that high maintenance when it comes to my hair, so I can't go there.
- Do my own pedicures.
- Limited Shopping ( I think I said that already)
I will go to the Y and use the track, pool, and equipment. I may even check out the new instructors.
What would you do?
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Hubby says to me, it is not real life Tam. It may not be real life, but I just wanted to take a break from it all and be in some sort of fantasy.
This has happened twice to me within a week. Either that, maybe my kids deleted it by mistake. Who knows, but I missed last weeks 90210 and Private Practice. I did find a new show that I like and watched that instead. It is called The Good Wife. Anyone else see that one?
Here is a list of my shows that I just have to watch. ( Or my fantasy away from it all)
- 90210 (very good this season. Glad I stuck with that show.)
- Melrose Place ( it is okay, getting better each week, but don't like the character of Violet or who knows, maybe it is the actress)
- Desperate Housewives (so far a great season. )
- The Housewives of Atlanta (that NeNe cracks me up)
- Grey's Anatomy (hooked for sure)
- Private Practice (love it!)
- Ugly Betty (back on this Friday...funny...could be doomed because it is on Fridays)
- Survivor (some crazy people on this season...Shambo and Russ)
- Amazing Race ( I would love to do this show)
- The Biggest Loser ( Jillian is a machine)
- Cougartown (I laugh out loud on that one..funny stuff)
I am sure I have more...but this is enough for now. I can't keep up with my life, let alone all of this TV too. What are your shows?
Monday, October 12, 2009
Glad my daughter's birthday party was able to be part of the dating game. Oh yes, one of her friend's now has a new boyfriend. They met at the party and started "going out". And to top it all off, I took 4 teenagers to the mall yesterday. Oh yes I was part of this couples thing at the mall yesterday. My daughter and her friend and 2 boys. Maybe that is why I need to dye my hair more often. I swear those gray hairs are coming out very quickly.
What happened to Fall in Wisconsin. I think Mother Nature skipped that season and now we have winter all of a sudden. I had to pull out the winter wear this weekend. Crazy stuff. Wasn't ready to start running with my full gear on quite yet, but oh well.
I watched the Chicago Marathon yesterday and saw the winner. Oh Wow...he ran 26.2 miles in like 2 hours and 4 minutes. That's nuts! A good friend of mine ran it as well. She finished and I am so proud of her and her husband. It was a cold fall morning in Chi-town for sure. She finished in 4 hours and 2 minutes and he was shortly after her. All of this has got me thinking....
This has been one crazy day!
Saturday, October 10, 2009
A decorated the whole basement with her friends. They did a great job! I am a very PROUD parent of a 13 year old. :)
Friday, October 9, 2009
I am a little nervous about drama that can happen with these teenagers...It is a boy/girl party.
We are sending them on a scavenger hunt in the neighborhood tonight. I think that will be so much fun!
I do have to say that I have received more apples, notes, cookies, vegetables from gardens , and stickers from my students this year than I have EVER gotten before. They must really love me or something. OR as hubby would say I have them snowed.
Let the party madness begin! Photos to come soon.
Friday, October 2, 2009
I get to work and BAM, I don't slow down. I get home and run here, there, and everywhere. I work out, go to soccer games, do household chores, and by the time I want to read blogs, I am so tired, I say maybe tomorrow.
And the cycle of craziness starts all over again. I do think that this weekend I may catch up. It's suppose to be rainy and COLD here. So just maybe I will have time.
However, I want to go furniture shopping! We are going out to celebrate hubby's birthday. And just maybe go to an apple orchard or something like that.
I have caught a few glimpses of my fav's, but as soon as I want to comment, the craziness leads me astray.
Until later....and I regain organization and control...Have a great weekend.