Monday, October 26, 2009

Why no Warranties

Almost 3 years ago I went through a surgery that has made my life wonderful. Now I am hoping this surgery comes with a warranty.

After having 3 children and having very, very quick deliveries with all 3, my inner self was a little messed up. Not my mind, my bladder. Those easy deliveries left me crossing my legs when I sneezed or coughed. Running was a joke because I would literally pee on myself. I couldn't do jumping jacks or any type of jumping because I would be in the bathroom all the time. So I decided to have surgery to correct this problem. I had a TVT done. (trans-vaginal taping) Best thing ever...I could run, jump, cough, sneeze, etc and no issues! I was so happy.

Now...three years later, I am noticing some things that I felt before. I have to cross my legs when I sneeze. When I am running down hills, I feel like I am going to leak everywhere. I am feeling that pressure to go all the time...it sucks!!

I am hoping my doctor says, Oh yes it comes with a warranty and I'll just correct this for free. That is what I am wishing and hoping, but in reality I know that WILL not be the case and I will be forever paying medical bills.

I won't give up my passion, that is completely out of the question. I love running and I really can't give up the occasional sneeze so I guess I will find out when I go to the doctor sometime this month and see what he says.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It OUGHT to be covered if it's not working for you any longer. I can't see how it'd only last 3 years. They'll probably try to bluff and say you have to pay, but your insurance company can badger them about it.

Wacie's Way said...

I hope the benefits of surgery would last longer than 3 years. That's not long at all. I wonder if instead of having additional surgery, there's a pill or something you could take?

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I never knew that there was a surgery for that. I really need to look into it too :)

Kat said...

It really SHOULD come with a warranty, shouldn't it? Sheesh.

My friend tore so badly with her first pregnancy that she actually poos when she runs so she can't run anymore. She has tried one surgery but it didn't work that great. She is going to have another surgery soon. Man, what women go through for their kids, huh? ;)


Hope your surgery is 100% successful.

Cynthia said...

I'm kinda curious to hear what they say. Seems to me that surgery should last longer than my TV warranty?