Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's All About The Climb

As I was running this morning, I was doing some thinking about how in the world am I going to do this Half Marathon that I signed up for in September. ( Not in that negative kind of way)

First, I am hoping and praying the weather was like it was today...overcast, slight breeze, no humidity, and beautfiful temperatures. I felt so good this morning. I could of ran and ran.

Second, I have to stop thinking about how fast I need to go, instead I have to focus on running miles and time, not SPEED. Usually I am all about the speed. I have to slow down and focus on the distance.

Third, I know I can do it. I just have to stay focused and go with my training plan. I am also going to journal this. I think it will inspire me when I am feeling like I may give up or having a bad day.

Finally, I am going to put together a playlist that will help me rock all the way through. That Keith Urban is what I find worth running too. He is awesome...everytime I listen to Sweet Thing...I cry...not sure why, but it is just a cool song.

Any other tips? Has anyone else done a half and want to share their strategies? I am doing this thing on Sept. 13th in Chicago along with my sister, BIL, BF and her husband. My hubby is doing the 5K...he has no interest at this point to run that far. Maybe one day he will change his mind.

3 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

i admire your determination. great strategies. sorry i can't help ya on 1/2 marathon tips LOL

Cynthia said...

Girl, you are doing all the right things. Just put in the miles. Do your homework, and you'll be fine:)

Kat said...

You can definitely do it. Just stick to your plan. You rock! :)