Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hiking, Biking, and Bald Eagles

Went on vacation last week to a beautiful State Park in Wisconsin...Governor Dodge. We love coming to this park because there is so much to see and do.



We fished and caught 20 or more "keepers" fried them up and everyone but me ate it. There is a wonderful swimming beach where you can rent canoes, kayaks, paddleboats, and just swim.

There are numerous trails to hike and bike on. I did my 8 mile run on the Military Ridge Trail. It was an awesome run! Gotta train for that half marathon which is quickly approaching.



One thing that is great about camping is having a few cocktails around the fire or when there are driving rains for 5 hours straight...drinking a few beers is how to pass the time. Thank goodness for a camper that has a DVD player...phew! The kids were entertained for a while. We had 2 days of terrible rains in the afternoon...like 5 or 6 hours of rain and it was a very COLD rain. I was bundled up like it was October or something.

There were a lot of nice days too. The days we biked were great. My youngest even did an 8 mile ride one day. She told me she was in training for a triathlon in August. She is so funny.

I will post some more pics tomorrow. I have a couple of pics I wanted to save for Wordless Wednesday. The kids outside of the natural spring house.

This girl loves to pose for me. I love her teeth and how they are coming in so nicely!


A day at the beach...playing football...that is hubby and E in the background.



I saw some bald eagles flying around the lake...wish I could of gotten a closer shot. I do have others, so we will see. They are such beautiful birds. Maybe if you click on it, it will be larger.
***Side note*** My youngest 2 kids are on vacation this week with their cousins. Looks like Teenage girl and I will be doing some bonding. I just hope she doesn't convince me to break the bank. :)




7 comments:

Poolside with the Girls said...

Great vaca pics! Especially love the two of the girls.

I was lucky enough to see a bald eagle at a rehab facility. What a gorgeous creature. The wing span was huge. Very cool!

Have a fun week!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures make me want to go camping! (And I am ssoooooo not a camper ;-)

What ended up happening with the cell phone/texting drama? Is everything better?

Susan said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Can not wait to see more of the pics.

Betsy Mae said...

Love the pics from your vacation. Your hubs is a sexy guy, hope you don't mind me saying! Your children are beautiful. Sounds like a great time (minus the rain) my goodness has it ever rained alot!

Wacie's Way said...

Glad you guys had a great vacation! Enjoy your week with your tween!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Looks like a FUN time :)

morewineplease said...

ummm... yeah... hubby is a hotty!!!
Great pics, looks like an awesome time!