Friday, July 17, 2009

A Day With The Girls

Took the train to Chicago yesterday with some of my favorite girls. My sister and mom. We went down there to spend the day with my youngest sister on her 27th birthday. It was a great day in the city. Temps around 80 and no humidity. Wonderful!
Happy Birthday Laurie!
Took the water taxi...never did that, it was very cool. I will be going down again in a couple weeks with my oldest daughter to have a day out with just her.

My sisters and me.


Those cocktails were so full of liquor we couldn't hardly drink them. What a waste for $9.75 a drink. So we ordered beer instead.



This photo of my mom, me and my sister made me laugh. It looks like I have some sort of boob job or something. I look huge. It must be the shirt. Hubby loved it!


Didn't do a whole lot of shopping, just walking, people watching and enjoying eachother's company!




Yesterday the weather was perfect, today I need a heavy sweatshirt! High of 65 today...WTH? I guess I will save on my electric bill...no AC needed.


11 comments:

Poolside with the Girls said...

The weather is crazy isn't it?
I love warm days with no humidity and I hate drinks that are too strong.

Looks like you had a great time!

Dr. Wifey said...

looks like a fantastic time - just the girls! totally laughing about the boob comment

Suburban prep said...

This MidWest Summer weather!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Looks like so much fun.

Wow all of you look so much a like :)

Wacie's Way said...

You are so lucky to have so many sisters and be close! Looks like a great time.

P.S. I participated in your Thirsty Thursdays last night and totally enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

Too much liquor?? No such thing! Lol. You and your sisters look so much alike, it's hard to tell who's who in the group pic.

Susan said...

Looks like fun.
I have always wanted to go to Chicago.

Kat said...

I need to take a trip to Chicago again. I love it there!
Glad you had such a good time and soaked up some warm rays. Today (and this whole weekend) the weather really sucks, doesn't it?

Betsy Mae said...

wow what a gorgeous group of women! what a fun day, lucky you.

btw, it's freezing here today too. i'm saving on my electric bills too but it sure sucks that we spent soooo much money on our pool and in order to use it have to crank the heater! bummer.

Yellow Beads said...

I AM SO JEALOUS! I lvoe Chicago. I have been 4 or 5 times (before kids!)

Cynthia said...

We have had crazy weather in Chi. Glad you enjoyed the town. Fun pics:)