Monday, September 20, 2010

Where Oh Where Have I Been

I again am such a slacker....I said I was going to be blogging again and I quit.



Well...I have been going through some things and I know that my posts would of been depressing and repetitive or reporting the same ole thing. So, I will get everyone caught up and let you know where I ended up! Here it goes....

We sold our house in Wisconsin in July. I made a mad dash to Minnesota to find a house that we could move into by the end of August. That was so hard because the moving part was such a killer for me. It was such a hard decision and if I think about it today...I still get sad and emotional.

  • This is the new house...I am working hard to make it my home.


I didn't find a job and that has been a struggle for me, because teaching is one of my passions and not to have a classroom for the first time in 16 years has been very emotional for me. I have spent many nights waking up in panic attacks and tears. I am trying very hard to get in somewhere and somehow...I am volunteering at my daughter's elementary school and trying to network as much as possible. Because I really want to have a classroom once again.



I've joined the Y because I am such a work out nut that I know that would be a great place for me to meet people. I am still running and am training to run the Monster Dash here in the Twin Cities of Minnesota.



The kids are all involved in sports and meeting many new friends.



I am greatful for nice neighbors that invited us to come to a bonfire and game day for the kids. I am believing that this is the right neighborhood for us.

More to come and some catching up to do for me!!

5 comments:

starnes family said...

Glad you're getting settled. We, too, just went through an emotional move.....from KC to San Diego. Just got here on Wednesday of last week. EXHAUSTED!

I'll be praying you find a classroom soon. Enjoy making your house a home!

Susan said...

It will only continue to get better! You are doing all the right things with your networking. You have just been "given" a little break right now.
Love the house!
Glad you are back....

Kat said...

I'm so glad to hear from you again!

The house looks beautiful! I know it always takes some time before it feels like home, but it will happen. :)
I'm glad you are still working out and meeting people that way. The faster you make friends the easier it will be. You are doing all the right things, networking and such. Great job!


I imagine it must be very hard. I just moved a mile away from my old house and I was still so emotional about it. But I do believe everything happens for a reason. Hang in there!
:)

Betsy Mae said...

So great to read a post from you! I think it's amazing that you are doing so many things to get settled in your new community.

I have to wonder if you won't look back and realize that you didn't have a teaching position straight away so that you could get settled and settle your family into your new City??? You never know, I do believe that everything happens for a reason.

PS- I wish you were a teacher in my area...I'm so sad about my daughter's teacher who totally lacks passion (grrrrrr)

Ms. Porter

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Love the house....

Wishing you lots of luck with getting anoter job :)