Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Wish RIght Now...a Wish Right Now

Job hunting really sucks. I have applied for multiple teaching jobs in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota and I've heard nothing. I've emailed principals and even the hiring administrator. What else do I need to do to say....Hey I want an interview.

Sometimes I wake up at night in a sweat just thinking about the day I turned in my letter of resignation to my administrator. I was so sick (mentally that is) to do it. I was shaking. That was a very hard thing to do.

That teaching position I had was 16 years of my life. I have known some of my co-workers that long. Just today I received a wonderful card that just made me start crying. The words she wrote were so nice, I couldn't help but cry. To say she will miss my zest for life and my smile and my funny stories. Damn!!!

Just wondering if the interview team looks at my resume and thinks I am over the hill and wouldn't make a great fit. I just wish there is something else I could do? Or if there is, does someone have a grand idea for me?

5 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

yea, I agree, Job Hunting is the worst. I wish I had more encouraging words, ha! Hang in there!

Java said...

I am job hunting too and it is not going so well! I think I've applied for over 50 position and NOTHING! Ugh! I know how you feel!!

Thanks for stopping by the Over 40 Bloggers I added your blog to the list!!

Thanks for joining the party!

Hope you get lots of followers from it! Including me!! Please follow me back if you haven’t done so already!!

Be sure to come by every Friday for the Follow Friday 40 and Over Blog Hop!

Take care and good luck!

Java

Kat said...

Oh man. So many school districts are making such huge cuts in their budgets right now. It must be SO hard to get a job.
I'll keep you in my prayers. I think the perfect job will come along at the perfect time. :)

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I have been looking for a month....SUCKS!!

But I am liking my time home with the kiddos!

Unknown said...

Shew, this a lot to deal with all at once. Stay positive - a job is just waiting for you, hang in there. Hope it all goes off great for you. I moved from AFrica to Europe and back in the space of 5 years - it was killer. But, somehow we all survive the craziness.