Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What to Wear or Not

What to wear, what to wear? That is the question on my mind.

For the last 16 years of my life I always dressed up during the day for work. I shopped for the latest styles and couldn't wait to wear my cute heels and stylish outfits each day. So in the evening I would come home, put my gym clothes on or jammies and not worry about it. I had a few basic things for the weekend so I could look cute for a football game or a night out on the town.

My dilemma is this....since moving I don't have a job yet and I don't want to spend my days in sweats...what do I wear? I of course have jeans and shirts, but I really miss shopping.

Today after doing a favor for my husband I stopped at Kohl's and thought I wonder what I will find. I was looking at their Sonoma brand shirts and sweaters because they seem casual and not very expensive. However, as I was picking up these tees and sweaters I noticed the other people in that section that were also eyeing up these finds....women that are at least 30 years older than me. OMG!! I literally ran out of there and tried to look at the Vera Wang and Apt. 9 selections and they are just too dressy. I would of loved to bought some cute new things, but should I really be doing laundry and cleaning house in them?

Again, I really don't like wearing sweats because that brings back horrible memories from college...the whole gaining weight thing. So, I prefer to wear things that have a waist size. Oh, I like my sweats, but not all day everyday.

***side note***I feel like I am rambling......

I also don't want to dress like a teenager or look frumpy either....Help!!! Where do you shop for your jeans and casual tops and sweaters? I need some ideas because I am sick of wearing the same 5 shirts :)

Or just maybe....I will finally get a job and then I won't have this dilemma anymore and I can pull out my dress clothes and cute heels....because to be quite honest....I MISS THEM!!!

5 comments:

Susan said...

There is nothing out there for us! Can't wait to hear what your other followers say. I need help too!

Kat said...

I wear comfy jeans or khakis everyday and a casual top. I love all the clothes at Maurices, or The Limited. LOVE. Also, Old Navy has nice some good stuff, but they usually don't last that long.
As soon as I loose the rest of the weight I'm carrying around I will be wearing jegging and sweaters a lot. I love that style. :)

Tammy said...

I love Maurices too. I like it when they have their buy one get one half off sale.

sarah said...

i like LOFT. of course most of their stuff is dressy - but they have some cute stuff that isn't. and if you watch they run sales a LOT! i also like target ;) te he he.

Blogger said...

You might be qualified for a complimentary $250 Kohl's Gift Card.