Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mighty Chicago

Today was the day! My very first half marathon. I ran 13.1 miles! I finished the race and felt proud. I do have to say today was HOT! It hasn't been this warm in the midwest like this all summer. I trained all summer in the low humidity, cloud cover, and 60 degree temps. Mother Nature wanted summer heat today. Not a cloud in the sky, the humidity was high and it was mighty warm. Oh and no breeze and we were running along Lake Michigan in Chicago.

It was a crowded race. I checked my results and 14, 821 people finished this race. 18,000 signed up, but either didn't finish or show up. It really never seemed to thin out, but that was motivation for me to keep going. I already know that I am going to sign up to do another one next spring. I want to beat my time so badly!

This is the breakdown....
  • Overall placement was 8959/14821
  • Gender placement was 4419/8613
  • Division placement 429/817
  • Chip time: 2 hours 22 minutes

I would of liked to do ALOT better, but the water stations were crazy and so was the heat!

One of my sisters wasn't running and she was taking photos at the finish.


Giving it all I had. I could see the finish!
Our group that finished this today. My sister and her husband(far left) me and my hubby in the middle, and our two great and best friends on the right!



13 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

that is amazing! i am so proud of you. you give inspiration :)

Poolside with the Girls said...

That's fabulous! Congratuations. Very impressive. You should be really really proud of yourself. Amazing!

justme said...

awesome job !!!

i did the tri in 1.20 - i was very pumped up with my time, better than i thought. love the tri, i am hooked.

Susan said...

Yea!!!!
Humidity and crowds suck!
You did great!!!!

Love the pics.

Anonymous said...

I am totally in awe of you! I would be good to make ONE lousy mile and you did 13.1!!! Good going!

Kat said...

Congratulations!!!! You rock! I knew you could do it! :)

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Great job! Your time was good....my best time ever was only 2:39.

So when are you doing another one?

Wacie's Way said...

Great job!!!

K Storm said...

Yea!!! I'm proud of you!

Betsy Mae said...

YAHOOOOOO! Can you hear that from Canada???? I'm so proud of you too, great job! Now that is exciting.

Cynthia said...

OMG! Yay...I'm so happy for you...really way to go!!!

Caffeine Court said...

I really need you ladies to kick me in the butt. All I do is tennis and it's not enough to get me in great shape.

How do you do it??!

morewineplease said...

I am so so proud of you! Seriously that is an awesome accomplishment.