Friday, September 4, 2009

Firsts

Some firsts to share...

  • Oldest daughter shared with me that she is probally going to get her period and that I need to show her how to use a tampon.
  • My half-marathon is coming up in 9 days and I am getting really nervous.
  • First time to have students in my class with such old fashioned names like....Linda and a Barbara ( they are 7 years old) Hard to do...I want to call Linda..Lin...and Barbara...Babs.
  • All 3 kids are in soccer....between all 3...5 practices a week.
  • Eating dinner last night at 7:30 because we didn't get home from all the practices until then.
  • That's it....I think!

7 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Good luck on your half marathon it will be awesome!

And holly shit when my daughter says that I am going to DIE :)

Laurie // 312 Beauty said...

You've been very funny lately! And hard to get a hold of - all that soccer practice and running I suppose!

See you tomorrow.

K Storm said...

Lots of firsts!! Wow, I thought 3 practices for 2 kids in soccer was a lot...I can't imagine 3 kids!!

Exciting about your daughter...what a milestone...

And no, we don't hear Barbara and Linda names very often these days for young kids. Interesting.

Hope you do well in your 1/2 marathon!

Anonymous said...

Explaining tampons, sooooo glad I don't have to do that! I remember figuring that out on my own, after much confusion of course, lol.

And "old" names are coming back in where I live, too. There's been a Hazel, Pearl, and a Ruby born lately here... I think it's weird, but I guess 60 years ago they were "young" names.

Anonymous said...

Lol, and just think of all the old ladies in 50 years named Jennifer, Emma, Haley, Heather, Molly, Taylor, etc. Sounds odd, huh?

Susan said...

You wear me out!

I think your daughter is very COOL. So glad she can ask you to for help. I wore pads for years until I finally had the nerve to ask a friend's older sister to show me.

Cynthia said...

I was just thinking about your half marathon...you'll be great! I just hope Chicago brings you good weater *fingers crossed*