Friday, March 18, 2011

Darn Critters!!

We had our share of winter this year.  I haven't seen the grass since November.  As you can see the harsh winter has taken a real toll on our lawn.  It's not the snow that created this awful mess....it is this annoying little critter called a VOLE!!  I have never heard of these pesky little guys until I moved to Minnesota. 
They make tunnels and mounds of dirt and eat the roots of your grass!!! They are annoying!! 





                        

                            

This is a vole...looks like a mouse!!  UGHHHH!!!


So glad the snow is melting...but looks like hubby has a huge project this Spring!!  I'll help....maybe.....

3 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I have never heard of them either...crazy little things.

Little Priorities said...

Hope you can rid of them! I wouldn't want them in my yard!!

Kat said...

I've never heard of them either. What rascals!