Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It Seems Like Forever

I can't believe it has been over 3 months since I last posted on this blog.

I really want to get back into the blog world again. I finally feel like I have the time to do it.

I am probally going to change my title...still in the thinking phase of it all.

In a nutshell for the last 3 months this has been my life.

  • Husband lives in Minneapolis and I live in Wisconsin. He commutes here on the weekends.
  • Our house is up for sale and has been since March. Wish it would just sell. I really am trying to be patient.
  • I resigned my teaching job that I had for 16 years. I was a serious basket case for a while. I still am numb and feel like I am in mourning.
  • Cleaning out a classroom you've had for that long was a lot of work. I filled up the third stall of our garage. (Hubby thinks I am a hoarder..honey you just need a lot of things to teach young kids)
  • I've applied for many teaching positions in the Minneapolis area....still waiting for that phone call for an interview. But with my years of experience, I am way too expensive and not desirable for school districts that have a budget crisis. I just wish I could tell them that I will work for a lower pay...I just want a job.
  • Trying to enjoy my time off, but it gets awful lonely when hubby is gone and the kids are always doing things with their friends.
  • I am still a work out nut job and completed my second half marathon in May. I ran a race last weekend and am still thinking about doing the Trek triathlon in 2 weeks.
  • I am going to check in on your blogs and see what you have been up too and I am even going to give this blog some TLC and post photos and other things.

So cheers to feeling like I am back in it and trying to get back to my old self!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering about you! So glad to hear from you.... I'm sorry your house is still on the market and your job situation is not resolved yet. It will all come together eventually, though. My blog has had a name change and new URL so click on my comment pic to get there. Glad your back :-)

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

So glad to see you back....That has to stink leaving a job after that long....It will all work out just hang in there!

Susan said...

Yippee u r back!!

starnes family said...

Glad to hear you're OK.....hang in there.....I've been there.....it's tough! But, it will all turn out OK. Promise.

K Storm said...

That's a lot of change in a short while and still up in the air business...hope all settles soon.

Wacie's Way said...

Yeah!! Welcome back!! We've missed you!

Kat said...

So glad to see you back!

It sounds like a lot of stress at your house. I imagine this is a difficult time for you right now. I hope everything starts to fall back into place.

Hang in there!!!!

Betsy Mae said...

welcome back! so good to read a post from you. rushing now...more to say but can't.

Poolside with the Girls said...

Glad to see your back.

Resigning must have been so hard. I totally understand and I know they say things always happen for a reason...but still. It can be really overwhelming to make so many changes so quickly.

Did you try the statue of St. Joseph in the back yard trick to get the house to sell? You should!