Monday, June 28, 2010

Let's Talk Books

Summer is my most favorite time to read. I have more time to do it and I just love soaking up some sun on the patio when I do it. I just finished reading Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin. I really liked the book. It was easy to read and I've read all of her books so far. I also wanted to start the series by Janet Evanovich...One for the Money and so on. I only read the first one, so I have a lot to catch up on.

However, there is one book that has intrigued me and it is called The Lovely Bones. I am so scared to start reading it? Anyone else read it? What do you all think?

Or anyone have any other suggestions? I am heading to the library this morning after I spend a more money at the eye doctor. I learned my lesson this year and will put that money in a Flex account for next year. I think I dropped a total of 700.00 on stuff between my daughters and me. Insurance doesn't cover a whole lot. So the exams, contacts, and glasses all add up. Yikes!!

2 comments:

starnes family said...

I loved The Lovely Bones. LOVED it. It's written from an unusual perspective......not like any other I've read. The movie was TERRIBLE in comparison.

I am a big reader.....have a tab on my blog if you care to look at my recent ones. I'm trying to read 30 in the year 2010, so I'm keeping track. Also started a book club on my blog....we're reading The Help (another great one). Due at the end of July for dicussion.

Enjoy!

Kat said...

I like Emily Giffin for fluffy reading. I also like Sophie Kinsella books for the same reason.
I thought about reading The Lovely Bones, but I am nervous about it too. I don't know if I can handle the subject matter. Let me know if you decide to tackle it.