Thursday, November 4, 2010

Monster of a Day

Monster Dash was a success! It was a crisp morning. I believe it was in the 30s when we started. The hardest was trying to stay warm until it was time to run. Hubby and I before the race!
We were waiting to start! Again freezing!!


My sister and I at the finish! We all ran the 10 mile race. I finished in 1 hour 41 minutes. I was the last of the group to finish. I was happy with it. I would of liked to do better, but there is always next time!!
We were warm after the race, but with the winds blowing, we didn't stay warm for long. We would of been fine if we didn't have to wait almost 1.5 hours to get on a shuttle to get back to our car. That was a disaster!! I think I was frozen for the whole day. My stomach even hurt from shaking so much.
I will run it next year, but will dress up like a whole bunch of people did. There were so many cool costumes and creative ones too!

2 comments:

sarah said...

YAY!!
still waiting on that haircut picture from your last post though ;)

Kat said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! Way to go!

You'd think the organization would have thought the transportation out a little better. That could have been really dangerous making everyone stand around (sweating) in that cold!