Monday, December 7, 2009

Need Some New Wheels or Skis?

Oh the weather outside is about to turn frightful and I am in denial. So, don't let it snow, no snow, NO SNOW!!!

I would be EXCITED for this if I didn't have big travel plans. I've had these conference plans since September. I am going to Chicago for a 2 day conference with a super good friend and teacher.

They are predicting 6-12 inches of snow for my area. I really don't want to drive in this kind of stuff. It would take about 90 minutes to drive on a normal day....I can't imagine with this kind of snow. I'll just wait and see what happens.

We are staying in a hotel, doing some shopping, going out to dinner, and chatting. Oh, I can't forget learning new things too.

Then, after the snow hits, we will be slammed with yucky COLD temps. Like highs in the teens. Welcome to winter and it hasn't officially began!

9 comments:

Kat said...

Just leave earlier than usual and you'll be fine. I hope you have a fabulous time!
Actually I've been really impressed that the snow has held off this long. We usually have a lot of snow by now. Thank heavens for the warmer than normal November. :)

Poolside with the Girls said...

Ah winter. Gotta love it. (or not!!!) We got a whopper of a storm this weekend. The kids loved it. I think it's cute for a few mintues then I'm right back to missing the pool.

Have a safe trip!!

Anonymous said...

We had a bit of snow here today, the 1st of the season. But it was only enough to cover the grass and it melted by noon. I hope the weather cooperates for you!

Dr. Wifey said...

the travel with your friends sounds fun! the snow....not so much LOL be careful in your travels

Doc said...

Drive carefully and have a good time... At least you are up north where they prepare the roads bettter than they do down here.

Susan said...

Have a safe and enjoyable trip to Chicago.
It is bitter cold here. And looks like we have a thin layer of ice on the hard surfaces this morning.
- I DISLIKE winter!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I always hated driving in the snow. I hope you get to go and have a great time....be careful!

Wacie's Way said...

I hope you are able to take your trip and get some fabulous shopping in!! I'm not ready for snow! Here in Virginia, an inch freaks everyone out and milk is sold out at the grocery store.

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

I just joined the 40s-club this year. So stumbling along your blog made me stop and read. I feel like its an uphill battle too.

Hope you dont get any snow...and Happy holidays to you.