Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Whacked Out Wednesday

Whacked out indeed. I am listening to all of the commotion while laying on my favorite chase lounge. (in pain can't move)
EG found a mouse in our window well and of course it is alive. She wants to catch it because she is afraid that the toad that is in there with it will be eaten or something. So she is looking for the butterfly net. She can't find it so she has B get it. B retrieves the mouse and lets it go. Zena (our dog) chases it all around the yard...kids are screaming...yelling at Zena...and yes Zena finally gets the mouse and it is now a dead mouse. The kids bury the mouse in the garden while B describes how its guts were oozing out of its body. Lovely...

Yesterday B instead of burying a mouse he proceeds to tell me about the injured bat that has made its way to our yard. At least it wasn't killed and they returned it to the nearby woods. I was in the hospital yesterday and didn't see this, but he took some pictures of the bat. How sweet of him.




The bat nestled right by the sandbox.


Trying to fly, but can't. B returns it to the woods.

2 comments:

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

bats freak me out, and so do rats. i tell you though that picture makes you feel sorry for the little guy, but they still creep me out... it that sound they make. freakish!!!!

justme said...

ick !!! thanks for checking me out, i just added you to my reader. i love your title and i love that you are 40 and you look great