Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day!!!!

The snow has been falling since midnight. We have about 12 inches on the ground and will expect about 2-3 more before it is all said and done. It is blowing and drifting and everything is shut down, schools, banks, daycares, stores, government offices, and even shutting down ramps on the interstate highway because of all of this snow. It is a great day to watch movies, bake cookies, wrap gifts, and stay in your jammies all day. Maybe even enjoy a cocktail at lunch.

The kids tried to play outside, but the wind wasn't much fun. They lasted about 20 minutes. Maybe later it will be better to try out the sleds and tubes and enjoy all this white stuff. Before the next round comes in Sunday. I believe another 3-5 inches. It will be a White Christmas and my nephews from Florida will have snow to play in this time when they come to visit next week.





If you click on the photos you can see a better look at all of this snow that is falling.



8 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

OMG i just cannot imagine having that much snow! (i have lived in the south my entire life) enjoy your snow day!

Tricia said...

yippee....

Kat said...

It is really windy outside too, but my boys still want to play in it. We'll see how long they last. ;)

Yellow Beads said...

12-inches, holy shit!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Goodness gracious....it was 80 degrees yesterday and today here in SC.

morewineplease said...

DO you mind sharing some of that snow with us in OKC??? Please? Hubby is seriously threatening to move us somewhere snowy?

Melissa B. said...

Greetings & Salutations, you Superior Scribbler, you! Melissa B. here, The Scholastic Scribe, & the "Original" Superior Scribbler! 2 things on my mind today: I've been nominated for a pretty prestigious blog award, and would greatly appreciate your vote; so if you click on over to my place, you'll see the info. It's an annual award from EduBlog, and I'm up for Best Individual Blog. And also, don't forget to come by tomorrow for the Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. Thanks for your support!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Beautiful, but I know y'all are tried of it. And I can't imagine my kids staying out in that very long...psst.. I love the pictures though