Friday, November 21, 2008

Too Many Thoughts in My Head Today

It seems as though everyday when I wake up it is the same routine. You leave the house to go to work and you are on auto pilot. At least that is what I do each day. No thinking at all about how to get somewhere, you just know and you think about your day, what you did last night, or what kind of adventure will lie ahead that day, or sing like an American Idol in your car. Same ole everyday.
However, today was different. I set out on my normal way and remembered oh sh... I left early for a reason. I needed to get money at the bank for a party that I am going to tonight. The bank is less than a half a mile up the road I was on and I was in the far right lane and that would mean I would have to cross 3 lanes of traffic, cut people off, probally have people flip me off, and drive like a crazy person. I was thinking should I do that or just opt to go to an ATM later and pay a fee. No, I am not paying a fee. So I decide to cut 3 lanes of traffic and cut people off. I know that is bad of me. I usually swear at people that do that to me, but had to do to get the cash. The party I am going to is one of those purse parties and if I decide to buy something, you have to pay cash.

On a different thought....the midnight showing of Twilight was this morning. There were a huge group of students from our school that went. They are 8th graders. I really want to find out if it lived up to it's hype. I am going to see it in a couple weeks. I bought the CD and really like the music. I started New Moon and hope to do a lot of reading this weekend.

My turkey race is coming up. I am starting to get a bit nervous. I went running last night...opted not to run outside...the windchill was in the teens. I went to the Y and ran on the treadmill. I haven't ran on a treadmill in so long that I felt like if I looked to the side I was going to fall and make a complete a$$ of myself. Running on a treadmill is not my favorite, but after a while I got into it and did a little over 3 miles. Sunday is my long run. I am going to do 6 or more. The temp should be around 40 degrees. That is tolerable.

I also have to pick out paint colors for our bedroom and bathroom. It has been 3 years since we moved into our house and when we painted the rooms, I thought the colors would be fine, but they are NOT. My bathroom is this sunny yellow color. It is bright and wakes you up every morning, but it makes you look jaundice when you are putting make-up on. I then seem to cake it on and the I look like a clown. Our bedroom is a sort of greenish color. It is also horrible. I am thinking like coffee colors. I am excited to watch my husband paint...I hate doing it, but he looks hot!

Have a great weekend. I am still dry and plan to be until Thanksgiving Day when I cross the finish line...I hope my Hook and Ladder is waiting for me. No, I am not an alkie, I just like a beer now and again.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Of course you do! You're from Wisconsin! ;)

Last year the Turkey Trot was on a day it was 29 degrees, very windy, and had ice on the road. It was nuts. But it was still fun.
This year the weather predicted is awesome, but now it looks like I won't be able to run cuz of my knee. Grrrrr.

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

I know I hate forgetting crap that I was suppose to do half way through horrible traffic. I'm glad you made past without getting flipped off.

I wanted to go and see the twilight movie tonight, but was already sold out .... oh well.. by the way the party sounds like fun. I know you want drink to much LOL...

You are going to do good on the run .. I know you will.. :)