Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Northwoods Getaway

Brandon hoping for his first catch of the trip. Emma casting... caught a sunfish.









Alyssa waiting for the big fish. (Crazy canoe girl)

The Fourth of July weekend led us up to the North Woods of Wisconsin. As I was told it was bear country. My fears of camping amongst the bears was a bit frightning. So before the trip I was given a gift...a bear bell. A what you ask...it is a basic bell that is suppose to scare off bears. I knew at that point I would be okay(not really, but whatever). Wouldn't you know it, I forgot it(being 40 of course).



This is the bear bell.


I guess I will remember it next time.
It was a great weekend...no bear sightings...maybe just sounds. It was a great time. We fished, canoed, biked, ran, swam, and of course drank some summer drinks. My favorite is Summer Shandy by Leinenkugels. LOVE IT!

I wished I would of brought my camera on the canoe. It was a real trip in all sense of that word~ a trip. I was put in the canoe with my 11 year old daughter who really thinks she is almost adult like. She was a real motivator. She was out for blood that day (not the kind that mosquitoes want ). She wanted to be the first one to the Michigan border. We did finish first after her constant yelling at me on how to paddle a canoe. At one point I wanted to tip it just for fun. From what I understand it was a real comedy show.

No comments: